Click here to see the best time to see the fall colors in the Northland
In my 40 years of domestic and foreign business travels I have stayed in many hotels and motels. Some were excellent, some were nice and some were not so nice. Now my wife
and I travel for enjoyment. By far the best establishment we have stayed in is the Northwoods Inn and Cottages in Barnum, MN. Not only is it relaxing but fantastically spotless. Shane and Penny Shol run a tight ship that they should be proud of. We recommend it highly and stay there whenever we go through the area." Dana and Reta Kostecky, Conway, AR.
Please call ahead to make reservations during the winter season
Northwoods Inns & Cottages
"A clean, comfortable stay with a pleasant view"
Call for information about our special deals!
3716 Main Street
Barnum, MN 55707
- Office Open: 9 a.m. - 9 p.m; closed Sundays, unless reservation is made on prior day
- Winter season: No rooms rented after 9 p.m.
- Summer season: No rooms rented after 11 p.m.
- Advance reservations preferred
Acceptable forms of Payment
- Credit cards (Mastercard, Visa and Discover)
- No debit cards
- No cash
All rooms are non-smoking and no pets are allowed
- 8 Units with 2 Double Beds
- 3 Units with King Size Bed
- 4 Units with Queen Size Beds
- In Room Coffee
- Cable Television
- Tub/Shower Combination
- Direct Dial Telephones
- Air Conditioning
- 2 Bedrooms
- Queen Size Bed with TV
- 2 Queen Size Beds (second bedroom)
- Full Bath with Tub/Shower
- Combination Kitchen/Dining Area
- Stove, Refrigerator & Microwave
- Patio doors to 10x12 deck with gas grill
- Lounge area with 32" cable television
- Direct dial telephones Central Air
- Gas Station/Convenience Store (Little Store, TJ's Country Market)
- Restaurants (Lazy Bear Grill and Pizza, Lou's Rustic Diner)
- Casinos: Black Bear - Carlton, Fond-du-Luth - Duluth, Grand Casino - Hinckley - All within 35 miles
Thank you for choosing Northwoods Inn & Cottages during your visit to this area. We look forward to providing your lodging needs in the future.
Shane & Penny Shol
Testimonial: My wife and I found this beautiful little Inn while traveling through MN. The Inn keepers, Shane and Penny, are some of the best people you will ever meet. Down to earth and pleasant. If you're planning a trip to this part of MN than you owe it to youself to stop in and stay for a night or two...perhaps longer. Thanks for taking care of us...... Brian & Renee, Titusville FL